Adam curry is an inventor and tech entrepreneur in the field of consciousness research.
He was the recipient of the MIT Ceres Connection Prize at 17, for an invention that converted electro-gravitational phenomena into signals that can help forecast seismic events, such as earthquakes. Adam has been featured in the Discovery Channel’s Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and is on the board of the Society for Scientific Exploration. He has worked at Princeton’s PEAR Lab, and Psyleron.
Adam created an app called Entangled which explores how consciousness can affect the nature of reality. Entangled is built off of Princeton’s PEAR Lab studies, which found participants were able to affect the output of a random number generator (RNG), through their thoughts and intentions. Entangled uses various systems off your phone to create a Random Number Generator. Once in place, the RNG runs in the background of the app, recording deviations from randomness by its user.
With a user base around the world, the app will be able to measure how things like mass meditation, natural disasters, wars, or other collective events can affect the output of these RNG’s. In today’s episode I pick his brain on this technology.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Adam defines consciousness
- Is consciousness a byproduct of the brain or is it an intrinsic aspect of the universe itself
- How participants in a Princeton study were able to influence the output of a random number generator (RNG) with their minds
- Why the study of consciousness is an emerging trend in mainstream academia
- A lamp Adam helped create that incorporates RNG’s, allowing users to change the color of its light with their thoughts
- Adam’s Entangled app which utilizes RNG on a user’s mobile phone in order to explore consciousness on a global scale
- How expectations and beliefs can affect the output of an RNG
- How Entangled is being used to predict natural disasters
- Can you put yourself in a certain state of mind to have greater control over your reality?
- Why regular meditators have the greatest influence over RNG’s
- How Adam used neurofeedback to have one of the most profound spiritual experiences of his life
Mentioned In Episode:
- Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR)
- Entangled App
- The hard problem of consciousness
- Robert G. Jahn
- Edgar Mitchell
- Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Random Number Generator (RNG)
- Consciousness Hacking
- Inside Silicon Valley’s new non-religion: consciousness hacking (Wired article)
- Mind Lamp
- Global Consciousness Project
- Double-slit experiment
- Zen Mind, Beginners Mind
- Dean Radin
- Martin Wuttke
- Gamma wave
Enjoyed this article? Get more mind-bending insights on the Warrior.do newsletter.
Subscribe to the Warrior.do newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, and news in the world of mind hacking.