In this episode of Warrior Radio, I sit down with Cassandra Vieten, Ph.D., who is the president and CEO of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), and a scientist at the Mind Body Medicine Research Group at California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute. She’s also a licensed clinical psychologist and the co-author of Living Deeply Now and author of Mindful Motherhood.
IONS is truly at the forefront of consciousness research. I’ve interviewed a few other IONS members in past episodes (Arnaud Delorme and Julia Mossbridge) and I always leave the interview looking at the world slightly differently. This episode was no exception.
In this episode, Cassandra shares some of the most exciting findings IONS has made studying the science of interconnection. Using cutting edge technology in neuroscience, biophysiology, and even quantum mechanics, they’ve uncovered findings that verify ancient truths philosophers and mystics have written about for thousands of years.
What You’ll Learn:
- The mystical experience astronaut Edgar Mitchell went through while coming home from the moon, which became the seed of the Institute of Noetic Sciences
- An explanation of Noetic’s guiding hypothesis, which is that everything in the universe is deeply connected with one another, and how they use a scientific, evidence-based approach to explore this hypothesis.
- Experiments Noetic have made that measured the ability for one person to connect with another person at a distance.
- The Love Study involving cancer patients and their loved ones which measured the physiological responses of sending compassion to one another.
- Studies that have investigated an energy psychology method called the emotional freedom technique which showed alterations in participants gene expression.
- Studies that used high-end EEG technology to track the brainwaves patterns of mediums.
- The double slit experiment which showed how the human mind affects its surroundings simply by observation.
- Experiments exploring changes in the energy field surrounding Earth which are affected by global events shared by millions of people.
- How the scientific community has reacted to the studies coming from Noetic.
- Methods, techniques, and technologies Cassandra recommends to come closer towards truths such as interconnection and nonduality.
Mentioned In Episode:
- Edgar Mitchell
- Willis Harman
- Uri Geller
- Marilyn Schlitz
- Dean Radin
- Windbridge Institute
- Consciousness and Healing Initiative (CHI)
- Chopra Center
- Miraglo Foundation
- Biofield Science and Healing Special Issue
- The Global Consciousness Project
- IONS International Conference
Cover Photo by Seam Less