In this episode of Warrior Radio, I sit down with author, martial artist, university professor and podcaster Daniele Bolelli.
The son of the famous Italian philosopher Franco Boleli, Daniele was bread at an early age to question authority and think independently. By 22 he wrote his first book On the Warrior’s Path, exploring martial arts through a philosophical lens, which later became a cult classic in Italy. He later wrote 50 Things You’re Not Supposed to Know: Religion and most notably Create Your Own Religion: A How-To Book without Instructions, which we explore throughout the interview.
From the book:
“What you are holding in your hands is a call to arms. It is an invitation to tackle the key questions at the root of all religious traditions and, for that matter, of life itself. It is an invitation to question all the values, all the beliefs, all the worldviews that humanity has so far held as sacred in order to find the answers we need to the very practical problems facing us.”
We tackle these issues and more in this episode. Enjoy!
What You’ll Learn:
• Why martial arts can be thought of as philosophy in motion
• Why most people are attached to dogmatic thinking, and how to think independently
• Why most people (whether they admit it or not) are already creating their own religion
• Why the original messages of many organized religions gets lost throughout the centuries
• 2 ways people can find answers to the key issues religions are centered around
• Why much of the neurosis people face today stems from a lack of community / tribe
• Why the Buddha felt it was a waste of time/energy to focus on the after life
• How to defeat the fears that are robbing you of the life you deserve
Cover Photo by JR Slattum
Enjoyed this article? Get more mind-bending insights on the Warrior.do newsletter.
Subscribe to the Warrior.do newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, and news in the world of mind hacking.