In this edition of Warrior Radio, I sit down with Jeffrey Thompson, the Founder/Director of the Center for Neuroacoustic Research. He’s one of the world’s leading researchers in the field of sound healing and brainwave entrainment. In the 1980’s, he was one of the first professionals to use sound to aid in chiropractic spinal adjustments, normalizing organ function, and balancing energy systems in the body. In this interview, I pick his brain about the science of sound healing, and how it can be used to tap into an inner reservoir of intuition, healing, creativity, and connection with the universe.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Jeffery used sound on his patients to make chiropractic spinal and cranial adjustments, normalize organ function, and balance acupuncture meridians.
- How Heart Rate Variability (HRV) is one of the best markers for assessing stress on your body
- Why most people’s sympathetic nervous system (or flight or flight response) is over-active throughout the day, which is the root cause of most common diseases
- The science of brainwave entrainment
- Vibro-acoustic sound chairs and sound tables Jeffrey has used for healing
- Powerful, primordial sounds that are commonly shared in countless cultures throughout history (and why Jeffrey weaves these sounds in his meditation systems) that have aided in spiritual awakening
- Jeffrey’s work with NASA exploring a series of recording that the Voyager I & II sent back from Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
Mentioned In Episode:
- Omni Magazine
- Tools For Exploration Magazine
- Terry Patten
- Auditory Beats in the Brain by Gerald Oster (Scientific American)
- Coupled Oscillators and Biological Synchronization by By Steven H. Strogatz, Ian Stewart (Scientific American)
- Mega Brain: New Tools And Techniques For Brain Growth And Mind Expansion by Michael Hutchinson
- Mega Brain Power: Transform Your Life With Mind Machines And Brain Nutrients by Michael Hutchinson
Photo by Shørsh