In this edition of Warrior Radio, I sit down with Julie Brown Yau. Julie holds a Ph.D. in somatic depth psychology, and master’s degrees in both spiritual psychology and depth psychology. Julie is a certified master NARM practitioner and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner. She is a Dream Pattern Analyst and has been trained as a yoga and meditation teacher.
Julie is best known for her work around trauma. She uses neuroscience, psychology, and spirituality to address trauma, something that almost all of us carry in one form or another. In today’s interview, we have in-depth discussion on all aspects of trauma – how most children experience it, how it gets stored in the body, how it manifests in our lives as adults, and what we can do to release it from our lives.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Julie defines trauma.
- How childhood trauma physically, emotionally, and mentally manifests later in life.
- How (and why) trauma gets stored in the body.
- Why trauma remains in our system throughout our lives until it is resolved.
- How stress, anxiety, and trauma experienced by a newborn mother can be passed onto her children.
- How multi-generational trauma gets passed from one generation to the next.
- Why trauma disconnects us from our sense of wholeness.
- How connecting with the body allows us to process and release trauma.
- Why a natural side effect of healing trauma is that of compassion.
Mentioned In Episode:
Cover Photo by Seam Less