In today’s episode, I sit down with Marty Wuttke, a world-class expert in Neurofeedback. I first learned about Marty through a previous guest Adam Curry, who attended one of Marty’s 2-week neurofeedback intensives and said it was one of the most transformative experiences of his life.
Marty Wuttke was affiliated with Ridgecrest Hospital and Woodridge Psychiatric Hospital from 1984 to 1995, where he designed and directed the first large-scale inpatient Neurofeedback program in the USA. Neurofeedback was used at the hospital as an integral part of the treatment program. Over 11 years of application and well over 1500 patients went through Neurofeedback training.
Marty was responsible for QEEG evaluation, analysis and treament. Wuttke is a pioneer in combining multiple protocols of Neuro-biofeedback training as a self-regulation tool for people suffering from depression, traumatic brain injury, nicotine dependence, eating disorders, chronic pain, anxiety, chemical dependency and alcoholism.
He continues to develop, research, and teach protocols for Neuro-biofeedback application with ADD/ADHD, learning disabilities and developmental disorders, autoimmune disorders, and stress related disorders. In 2003 new advanced whole body neuro-biofeedback technology hardware and software was developed under Wuttke’s guidance.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Martin Wuttke helped spearhead the neurofeedback industry in the eighties
- Why your brain is neuroplastic throughout your life and how neurofeedback can help mold your brain to function better
- How meditation changes your brain
- Why there is not a one-size-fits all model for neurofeedback
- How to find the right neurofeedback professional to work with
- What gamma brain waves are and how they bind various areas of the brain together
- How to use neurofeedback to get into flow states
- The type of meditation that Martin recommends to quiet your nervous system
- How neurofeedback can dramatically accelerate your results with meditation
- Martin’s 2 week neurofeedback intensive (who a previous Warrior Radio guest Adam Curry said it was one of the most transformative events of his life)
Mentioned In Episode:
- Menninger Institute
- Richard Davidson
- Judith Pennington
- Awakened Mind
- FocusBand Brain Training System
- Biofeedback Certification International Alliance
- Gamma Brain Waves
- Prefrontal cortex
- Limbic system
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy
- The Vilistus Mind Mirror 6
- A Symphony in the Brain: The Evolution of the New Brain Wave Biofeedback by Jim Robbins
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
Covert Art by Seamlessoo