In this episode of Warrior Radio, I sit down with Peter Russell who is an author, meditation teacher, futurist, and thought leader on the study of consciousness. At Cambridge University (UK), he studied mathematics and theoretical physics (under minds such as Stephen Hawking), eventually becoming fascinated with the exploration of the inner space and consciousness.
Over the next several decades he taught meditation, introducing it into the corporate arena with partners such as Apple, IBM, Barclays Banks, and British Petroleum. Interestingly enough, he also has a post-graduate degree in computer sicence, and was an early pioneer in the VR field. He’s currently a fellow at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, of The World Business Academy and of The Findhorn Foundation, and an Honorary Member of The Club of Budapest.
In this interview we have an in depth discussion on the nature of consciousness. Where does it stem from? Is the universe fundamentally comprised of consciousness? Do artificial intelligence and computer networks have the capacity for consciousness?
What You’ll Learn:
- How Peter came from being an atheist mathematician studying at Cambridge, to eventually being a consciousness explorer and spiritual seeker.
- An in depth discussion of Science Journal’s 125th anniversary top 2 unanswered questions of modern science: a.) What is the universe made of? What is the biological basis of consciousness?
- Does consciousness arise outside of the brain?
- The leading theory of consciousness called The Integrated Information Theory (IIT).
- If the cosmos is fundamentally conscious, than paranormal phenomena such as telepathy, clairvoyance, telekinesis become possible.
- Meditative models to to help explore one’s inner space.
- A common trap most get into when starting out with meditation.
Mentioned In Episode:
Cover Photo by Seam Less