In our very first episode of Warrior Radio I sit down with Vincent Horn of Buddhist Geeks.
Buddhist Geeks is an organization exploring the convergence of Buddhism and emerging technology. Through their podcast, they explore uber-interesting topics such as:
- What are the biological markers of an enlightened mind?
- How can technology be used to track the effectiveness of your meditation practice?
- If the mind is akin to an operating system, how can it be hacked to experience higher levels of focus, creativity, and contentment?
- How can emerging technologies such as Augmented / Virtual reality be used to create more powerful spiritual practices?
We dive into these topics and more in this interview. Enjoy!
What You’ll Learn:
• The transformative event that took place during a meditation session in college that set Vincent on his spiritual path.
• Vincent’s experience at the “Harvard” of Buddhist colleges.
• How the Buddhist Geek podcast saw over 1 million downloads within the first 2 years of launching
• What the brain of an advanced meditator looks like compared to regular everyday individuals
• Meditative technologies to track and accelerate your path to awakening
• Answering the question – is the path to enlightenment a gradual process or a sudden event?
• Why the attention span of the average American has decreased down by over 33% in the last few years
• The 5 styles of meditation and how to choose the best type for you
Mentioned In Episode:
• A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life by Jack Kornfield
• Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha: An Unusually Hardcore Dharma Book by Daniel M. Ingram
Cover Photo by lacabezaenlasnubes